Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Welcome to my first Blog.

Hi everyone.
This is my first installment in the Blog that I was assigned to create in one of my classes.  I thought for a long time about what to write and finally decided that since I tend to have very random thoughts, I would take random topics and present them from several points of view.  One of the things my closest friends tell me is that I don't just listen when people talk, I hear them.  I hear what is not said and rarely do I try to impose my own view on them.  I "see" through their eyes and do not judge. Since my husband of 21 years has told me the same thing even way back when we started dating,  I guess it is just part of my nature.  I don't think about "trying" to do it, it just happens.  I have found over the years that I also love a good debate. Sometimes I research topics just for fun to see what all sides think. In a good discussion, I have been known to take the opposite point of view, just to make others think.  I can debate either side and leave my personal beliefs out of it (most of the time).  I have often said that people get so caught up in their own selves that they forget that others have valid thoughts and opinions too.

So...with that in mind, don't be surprised if I take on a topic that you are shocked to see me defend.  Just because I can defend another person's point of view, does not mean I agree with it.  One of my main goals in writing this is to present controversial topics, unusual thoughts and points of views and hopefully open people's minds to each other.  I will say this again, just because I can defend something, does not mean I believe it or necessarily agree with it.  What I do defend, on a personal level, is the right of each and every person to have their own thoughts and beliefs.

I am starting to get excited about the prospect of writing this.  I hope you will enjoy reading it. When you come here, bring an open mind. Small minded judgement is not welcome here.  If you don't like what I write, don't attack me for it, simply leave.  I will not tolerate hate or mean spirited people intruding on a space that is meant for enlightenment and acceptance.  That is where I do draw a personal line.

Have a great day everyone!

Just because it is different, does not make it wrong.
Patty

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Mr. Morgan. Looks like I will have to work on the settings a bit more. I will customize it more within the next day or so and let you know as I update it. :-) I will tag you on FB when the changes are done.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo look at you I am so excited to be able to witness this come to light and look forward to watching and reading! {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girlie! Yayyyy! It's working. I know I'm gonna love your blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!!! you got it going on!!! can't wait to see what your crazy tail writes about!! love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement. I have no idea what to write at the moment. I am waiting for the lighten bolt of inspiration. haha Was thinking about simply starting with a story. The story of "Patty's Pit" and how she changed my life. No controversy there. Just a story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds promising! It's good to see both sides, and to welcome debate. There is a difference between debate (an exchange of ideas about different viewpoints in a civilized, intellectual manner) and flaming someone (being an asshat).

    One suggestion about the blog you might consider is the color of your font. The gray is a little harder to see for some people. Maybe a darker color that contrasts more with the white background? But I love the hummingbirds and the colors on your borders.

    ReplyDelete